From June 14 to October 22, 2023, the eBay Open will go on tour this year. So this year there will not be a single event for which you have to travel far, but a series of events in seven cities. The dates and cities are already set:
- Nuremberg – June 14, 2023
- Frankfurt am Main – June 28, 2023
- Chemnitz – August 23, 2023
- Berlin – September 13, 2023
- Hamburg – September 20, 2023
- Cologne – September 27, 2023
- Munich – October 11, 2023
Make a note of the dates as a precaution. Workshops and networking are high on the agenda.
Participation is free! All you have to do is come and be surprised.
Just keep checking the eBay.Das Lokal website for news . What the concrete program looks like is not yet known, but will be published shortly. Keep an eye out for more information on the eBay website. Only for Nuremberg is the plan already in place: Nuremberg program
Another comment on the private matter: There were repeated inquiries as to why private individuals were also invited? One would not also want to promote the “private business” and certainly not with their networks. I asked eBay about this and got the following information:
1. The events are primarily aimed at commercial dealers. You are alone until 3 p.m. Only after that there are two smaller slots for the private ones.
2. eBay will give a presentation on why they took the step to let private individuals sell for free. But not only that: The Platform Transparency Act will further regulate the topic of “bogus private”. There is also a lecture on the topic “Platform Tax Transparency Act (PStTG/DAC7)”. The topic of bogus private homes is also explicitly addressed here and informed about it.
3. If you want to hear more about the topic and why eBay assumes that commercial trade on eBay could be strengthened as a result, listen to the podcast: Podcast eBay